Thursday, October 29, 2009

Monday's Appointment

Monday we went back to The Angeles Clinic in Santa Monica to begin the screening process for the clinical trial. First I did some blood work and a brain MRI. Then lots more blood work and a CAT scan. After that I met with Dr. Hamid who is heading up the clinical trial - what a delightful guy. We went over everything and then he left to check on some of my tests. He reported that after comparing the CAT scan to my previous scans that the cancer had not spread to any new areas. He also said the tumors were not significantly larger and that thankfully they were showing no rapid growth. The brain scan, however, showed a lttle something. About a 1 -2 cm mass, that didn't really look like cancer. The doctor spent a lot of time looking at it from every angle and was '75% sure it wasn't cancer', but he wanted to go over it again with my doctor and said he would get back with us the following day.

I finally got a call on Tuesday saying that what they saw was benign so we're still on track for the clinical trial which I'll start on Tuesday. Here's a link to the clinic http://www.theangelesclinic.com/. Check out the physisians page. Steven O'Day is my doctor. Omid Hamid is heading up the clinical trial I'll be on. I am truly in great hands!

1 comment:

  1. Shelly,

    Things are looking up! It sounds like you're indeed in good hands. Keep the faith!

    From Silent Unity: "You have the healing love of God flowing through you now, restoring energy and vitality."

    Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete