Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Diagnosis

This morning I had my biopsy. It came as no surprise that they simply confirmed what we already suspected. Inoperable, incurrable melanoma. That, however, doesn't lessen my resolve nor the effort I am committed to putting into my recovery.

OK, good news. They were able to get the biopsy from the lump on my chest and didn't have to go into my lungs - yay! And another bit of good news is that after the nurse already put in my IV, my anesthesiologist got practice putting in an "A" line that I didn't need and he wasn't able to complete. Thanks goodness the surgeon arrived in time to stop him and the mission was aborted - yay again!

So tomorrow I start a dialogue with a couple different oncologists, one from UCLA and another from USC. Monday I go back to the surgeon to have him check out my incision and get a copy of all lab reports. Busy, busy busy.

I love all of you and so appreciate all your support. You are my strength.

2 comments:

  1. O holy Father, heavenly Physician of our souls and bodies, who hast sent thine Only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to heal all our ailments and deliver us from death: do thou visit and heal thy servant Shelly, granting her release from pain and restoration to health and vigor, that she may give thanks unto thee and bless thy holy Name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages, Amen

    With Love in Christ,
    Tammy Chomakos (Kary's sister-in-law)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, Thank you for such a thoughtful, powerful prayer. Love, Shelly

    ReplyDelete