Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry, Merry Christmas

OK, this is a really SHORT one, because I’m running out the door, but I wanted you all to know. Fabulous test results yesterday. Believe it or not, my tumors have shrunk 30% overall, which just barely puts me into a category called “partial remission.” I guess when tumors shrink by 30% or more, but are still present, that is considered partial remission. My doctor was very excited, because they rarely see such accelerated progress this early in treatment. He’s convinced I’m getting the PARP inhibitor. Me too.

I believe God has worked through me, my doctors and all of you who are praying for me. I am so grateful and could not have asked for a better Christmas present. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas – I’ll check back in soon.

5 comments:

  1. Shelly, it is a miracle! I am so happy for you and your family. We are continuing to keep you in our prayers and know you will keep getting better every day :) love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea Shelly!
    xoxo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Oh, Shelly, that's wonderful to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shelly, great news! And happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great new Shelly. I am so happy for and the Family. Happy New Year!!!

    Ricci

    ReplyDelete